Help RWA Light up Lives with Art
We are working towards establishing the RWA as the most accessible gallery from London to St. Ives, bringing world class art in exceptional spaces to everyone.
The transformation will enable us to reach 40% more visitors and extend our community and wellbeing programmes so that more people from Bristol and beyond have the opportunity to engage with art and creativity.
Our Light and Inspiration project costs have increased from £3.8m to £4.1m, and despite a tightly managed project, the pandemic and other unforeseen issues have had a huge impact. We are so close, we now need a little more help to reach our goal to complete the project.
To achieve our ambition, we are launching a Crowdfunder campaign to help us raise the last £100,000 by the end of March 2022.
A generous local donor has offered to match every pound through this Crowdfunder, pound for pound. This means your donation will be worth twice as much! And it means we need to raise £50,000 in donations to meet our target of £100,000.
Exclusive campaign rewards
- Donate £15 and get a year of art with an RWA Art Pass
- Donate £20 for a Cake and Curator Tour of Me, Myself, I: Artists' Self-Portraits
- Donate £50 for a Collage and Cava evening in our new Drawing School Studio
Visit our Crowdfunder campaign page to discover more exclusive art rewards.
Your donation will go towards:
- £20 will pay for creative and sensory objects for the new family activity space
- £60 will help us provide display space for our outreach partners from communities across Bristol
- £150 would go towards beautiful new gallery seating, essential for some visitors
The newly transformed RWA will be opening on 2 May 2022 with our landmark reopening exhibition, Me, Myself, I: Artists' Self-Portraits, an exhibition displaying over 80 artworks across all main gallery spaces.
You can support us by making a donation, or sharing our campaign using the hashtag:
Thank you for your support.
Light and Inspiration Fundraising Appeal sponsors:
["The Light and Inspiration project will transform our beautiful building, attracting new audiences, including those from some of Bristol's most underrepresented communities"]
Find out how you can make a difference by making a donation towards the project