We are now open to the public with social distancing measures in place. Our current exhibition is Wilhelmina Barns-Graham and the Artists Of St Ives.
Important Information for Visitors
- Admittance is only for visitors with pre-booked tickets, or to visitors on the day only if there is capacity.
- Please bring a face mask to wear for the duration of your visit.
- Please be aware that the number of people who can enter the RWA at any one time is restricted. Due to this, there may be a queue to enter.
- Contact details for ticket bookers will be captured.
- The café is currently closed.
- Only one ‘household’ (max 6) will be admitted to each of our smaller side galleries at any one time.
- The building will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised at the end of each day.
Times and Prices
Thursday – Saturday: 11am – 1pm (last entry 12.30pm) and 1pm - 3pm (last entry 2.30pm)
Sunday - Wednesday: Closed
Please book in advance. Tickets are currently £6.50 or free for Friends of the RWA, RWA Art Pass Holders, under 18s and students (please bring student ID).
The RWA is located in the academic heart of Bristol and within easy reach the city's main attractions, shopping areas and major motorway links. Our address is Queen’s Road, Clifton Bristol BS8 1PX. Click here for transport and parking information.
Improve your visitor experience with the Smartify app
We're always thinking of ways we can make our galleries safer. One of the ways you can improve your museum experience and make social distancing easier is by downloading Smartify before your visit. When you get here, simply hold your phone up to an artwork. The app will recognise the image and you can read about it on your phone. No more standing close to people to read the labels!
In addition to this, audio guides are available through the app for many of our exhibitions (please check the exhibition web page for audio guide availability).
You can also save your favourite artworks on Smartify, allowing you to go back and look at them after your visit. Download the app today.