Family Activity Space
The new RWA Family Activity Space
You can dress up as artists and characters from RWA history!
Browse books & dress up like an artist; some of the activities available in the Family Activity Space
You can pick up a Family Heritage Trail and learn about the history of RWA
Learn about many artists and dress up as them at the same time!
The Activity Trail is an interactive and fun resource that visitors can explore the RWA building with
Turn our Activity Trail into a booklet and explore RWA history
The Family Activity Space has art materials and fun ways to interact with artwork in the room
Available from the welcome desk our Sensory Bags are free for anyone to use for their visit to RWA
Our Sensory Bags have been designed for neurodiverse visitors, supporting them in their visit
The Family Activity Space is a vibrant, interactive family friendly area full of creative activities.
This space is free to enter and for everyone to enjoy.
Suitable for all ages the space includes a number of fun and creative activities including;
- giant interactive artworks
- drawing materials to create your own masterpiece
- dressing up - costumes include prominent figures in RWA history, some made by local artists
- Family Activity Trail - children can take the lead and learn about the RWA's history with fun activities as the family explores the building
- large exhibition screens displaying artworks created in the space
- comfy fluid seating and a reading corner with books and iPads containing creative and educational apps
- free sensory bags containing items including noise cancelling headphones, hand puppets and fidget toys - available at the Welcome Desk
Located on the lower ground floor the Family Activity Space can be accessed via the lift, or down the stairs by the welcome desk.
The nearest toilet to the Family Activity Space is the accessible toilet and baby change facility located just outside the room in the corridor, and at the far end of the corridor there are more toilets.
There is also a Changing Places Facility which can be accessed from the Family Activity Space.
Find out more about Access and Building Facilities.
If you are a interested in organising an educational visit, this room can be used for School group activities. Please see further information for Schools, Colleges and Learning Groups.
Photos: Alice Hendy Photography
We're committed to offering high-quality experiences for learners of all ages
Once a month
All the family are welcome at Scribble and Sketch in communities across the city! Join us for free creative activities with an artist, try something new and have fun together.