Volunteer with us
Please note: We are not currently recruiting volunteers at RWA, but we hope to in the near future. Please subscribe to our newsletter to find out when volunteer applications re-open.
Volunteers are essential to all that we do at the RWA. We aim to empower and engage everyone who takes part in our volunteering programme. We are always looking for enthusiastic and reliable individuals, of all backgrounds, aged 16+, to join our friendly and diverse volunteer community.
Read the Volunteer Role Description below to find out how you can get involved.
Benefits of volunteering with us include:
- The opportunity to be make an important contribution to a leading UK art organisation alongside a friendly and dedicated team of volunteers and staff
- Behind-the-scenes access to exhibitions including exclusive tours and talks
- Training opportunities including art handling and gallery maintenance
- Further opportunities to develop professional skillset by leading tours, assisting with events and workshops and more
- The opportunity to meet and network with some of the UK’s leading artists
- Social events
- Free entry to all RWA exhibitions
- Discounts in the RWA shop and café
If you have a passion for art and are keen to share this passion with others, we would love to hear from you! To apply to volunteer, please download the Volunteer Application Form below and return your completed form by email or post to firstname.lastname@example.org or Royal West of England Academy, Queens Road, Bristol, BS8 1PX
If you have any further questions about volunteering at the RWA please contact us at email@example.com or Royal West of England Academy, Queens Road, Bristol, BS8 1PX
Once your application has been processed, we will contact you by email to arrange an induction.