Jane Jobling's work is currently exhibited at Chichester Cathedral as part of 'Together We Rise' - a major exhibition of artworks from members of the Royal Society of Sculptors, from now until Tuesday 6 September 2022. Also exhibited at Wells Contemporary, Wells Cathedral.
"Although my sculptures can seem quite varied, for the past twenty years I have been continuously making work about boundaries, edges and surfaces so I can explore enclosing and revealing space"
Shadows created within the work, or produced as light passes through them, play a key role in the sculptures.
I use folding, wrapping, sewing, joining, building up through casting or reducing through slicing, separating, removing and reworking.
The work should be seen as a journey, to be walked around, peered into or traced with the eye."
Website: Home - Jane Jobling
Gallery Images (from left)
- Crisp Jesmonite 2010 30x50x50cm
- Furbelow Jesmonite 2016, Rubber, 25x37x25
- Roller Jesmonite 2022 39x48x34cm
- Simply Connected Jesmonite 2012 180x180x180cm
- New Tropic, wire, rope H53 x 59 x 44 2019
- Nuts Bolts, 2014 Ruche Polycarbonate Rubber, 1.5mx50cmx60cm
- What We Have in Common - On display at Chichester Cathedral, photo by Paul Gonella
- Venn Diagram, black and cream, wire, rubber, fabric 2021 49x46x36
- What We have in Common , Maquette, wire, polycarbonate 56x40x38 2022
- What We Have in Common, steel, polycarbonate, wire 3x2x2m 2022