Free Family Workshop - Better Than Baubles
19 December 2020 -
THIS EVENT HAS NOW ENDED. Visit our 'what's on' pages to find out about upcoming events, or subscribe to our newsletter and never miss a thing
On Zoom 10:00 - 11:00am, Saturday 19 December 2020
This Zoom workshop is for all the family to enjoy together
Learn how to use wool fibres to create felt balls to make miniature sculptures and hanging decorations. Get your towels at the ready and enjoy some watery, soapy fun that will result in some beautiful colourful felt balls that can be used in many different ways.
This is an hour of creative and physical activity using your hands and very basic materials. Once you've mastered it, you may well not stop! Perhaps you will want to give the balls away as presents, or use them for Christmas decorations when they have been stitched into and embellished with beads? This workshop is accessible for the youngest in the family right through to the oldest.
The workshop is being held on Zoom. Parents/Carers must be present in the same room with the participating children for the duration of the workshop. The Zoom link and password will be sent to you the day before the workshop.
The materials you need for this workshop are:
- Clean wool fleece in two or three colours * see below
- Soap (soap-flakes work really well, olive oil soap is also excellent)
- Easy access to hot water throughout the workshop
- Jugs (2 if you have them)
- Bowls (at least 1 large)
- Towels (at least 1 per person and one for the table, not tea-towels, you need the sort to dry hands on)
- Large, long needle
- Thread (any thread will be fine if it goes through the eye of the needle)
- A few small beads if you have them (and a needle to fit through them)
- Embroidery threads if you have them
*Wool fleece recommended site is World of Wool. 100g will be more than enough.
Due to the coronavirus closures we have had to make decisions on our programme and decided to continue with our winter activities online. We do hope you will enjoy the fun of an artist-led workshop at home.
Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with RWA news
Bring Your Baby - relaxed and informal exhibition tours for parents with babies (12 months and under).