168 Annual Open - Artist Delivery Bookings
8 Oct - 25 Oct 2020
This year, due to Covid-19 restrictions, we have introduced an hourly booking system for artists delivering their works, to limit the number of people in the building at any one time. If you have had one or more works Selected for this year's exhibition, you will need to book a delivery slot above. Please note that there is no pre-selection stage this year, so only Final Selected works will need to be delivered.
Selection results will be available on Thursday 8 October. If you are having trouble accessing your results, please contact Parker Harris: email@example.com, 0203 653 0896.
Delivery days are Wednesday 21 October, 1-4pm, Thursday 22 - Sunday 25 October, between 10am and 4pm.
Parking is available on the forecourt.
- Due to restricting the number of people in the building at any one time, please be prepared to wait during busy times - this may include waiting outside.
- Face masks must be worn in the RWA building. Please sanitise your hands on entry.
- If you have booked from 1pm, for example, you may arrive anytime within the hour 1-2pm.
- Please deliver on your own if possible. If your work is particularly large or heavy, you may bring another member of your household to assist you. RWA technicians will be on hand but will need to maintain social distancing measures.
- There will be space to unwrap artworks on our landing, however, if you can, please bring works unwrapped. You will need to take any packaging materials away with you.
- Only one ‘household’ to use the lift at any one time.
- We understand that traffic can be unpredictable and travel times can vary, but please stick as closely as possible to your booked timeslot.
- The café is currently closed.
- The building will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised at the end of each day.
How should my work be delivered?
- Please ensure your work is labelled on the back with your name, contact details and the work title.
- Please mark the back of abstract works with an arrow.
- Labels must be printed out from the submission system on thin white card for each piece. This enables us to record that your work has entered the building.
- The label should be securely attached to the work with a thin piece of string, preferably with staples or strong tape. Please do not use thick cord, rope or twine as this makes it difficult to tuck the label behind the work once it has been hung. The string should be long enough to hang in front of the work when wall or plinth-mounted.
- All fixtures must be removed from the back of framed work prior to delivery as remaining fixtures are one of the primary sources of damage to artworks.
- Unframed work is acceptable where the decision has been made for aesthetic reasons. Unframed work must include clear instructions for display and the artist must provide the relevant fixings with their entry.
Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with RWA news
21 Nov 2020 – 7 Mar 2021
Bristol's Royal Academy presents it's 168th Annual Open Exhibition, showcasing some of the most exciting artists from across the country and beyond
From Free to £7.95
8 Oct - 25 Oct 2020
Artists with selected artworks for this year's exhibition must book a delivery slot
20 Nov 2020
Artists, patrons and volunteers private view of the 168 Annual Open Exhibition