Covid-19 Safety Measures for Drawing School Classes
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to in person classes at Hamilton House while the RWA is closed for the Light and Inspiration project.
Please do NOT to attend the class if you have had Covid symptoms or a positive Covid test 10 days before the start of a class (unless you have subsequently had two consecutive negative tests in the 3 days before the class). If you have any suspected symptoms, or are living with anyone with suspected symptoms or are self isolating then please do not come to class. If you do test positive for Covid-19 after being in one of our classes please let us know so that we can notify the other students and staff.
In accordance with government advice, we support the regular use of free lateral flow tests by all participants and staff involved in Drawing School activities, and would encourage you to take a lateral flow test before your class to protect yourself and others.
The location of your class will be stated on the class page.
- All students and tutors are obliged to wear a face covering of some description for the duration of the class, unless medically exempt
- Free visors and masks available - please note, we can only issue one of these per person, so would ask that you keep hold of it and bring it to subsequent classes if attending a course over multiple weeks
- Individual tables (or easels) will be setup before participants arrive to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Pre-prepared materials and supplies will be provided for each individual in a class, unless otherwise stated but you are welcome to bring your own materials for yourself to use if you would prefer.
- We have limited the number of participants in each class, so as to enable social distancing - we would ask that you are mindful of social distancing, and recognise that it may not be appropriate to enter someone's work space to view their work
- Each room has windows available for ventilation.
- Hand sanitiser is at the main entrance on the left.
- There will be a Hand sanitiser station available in any room that your class is taking place in.
Reporting of Covid-19
- If we are notified that someone on a class or someone in Hamilton House has contracted Covid-19 then we will contact other students and staff.
While many people have been vaccinated, it does appear as if the efficacy of the vaccine reduces over time, and so we would ask you to remain cautious about the risk posed by Covid and potential variants, and sensitive to the fact that some people may be in close contact with others who are considered medically vulnerable.
We hope you will be willing to cooperate with us in reducing the risk to others, as well as helping us avoid having to cancel a class due to an individual/s contracting Covid, which would be disappointing for everyone.
If anyone has to miss a class due to developing symptoms or a positive test, we will endeavour to provide you with details of what was covered in the session, and - if applicable - will pass on any hand-outs from the missed session. We will also be asking tutors to spend some time summarising missed content in person, where a course takes place over several weeks and an individual has been unable to attend a class.
If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch and we will be happy to help however we can.
RWA Drawing School Team Contact number – 07745694563 (9am – 5pm, Monday-Friday)
Drawing School Manager - Sophie Bristol firstname.lastname@example.org
Drawing School Co-ordinator - Sarah Craig email@example.com